Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My silly life with horses


Summer is here and it's time to get busy training, riding, and enjoying my horses. Being the "Type A" that I am, I needed to have "goals" for the summer. I can't just be happy feeding, mucking, and hopping on a horse. I must have a PLAN. A REGIMINE. And a TRAINER.

My wonderful horse trainer this summer is a cowboy called "JR" who can simply do anything with a horse. As long as the horse is alive, he can fix any problem!

Although I ride English style, I am all cowgirl at heart. So, I knew JR and I would get along just fine. JR asked me to bring a list of the things I wanted to accomplish to our first session, and then we could come up with a game plan. The process of making the list got me thinking...that I ultimately wanted to ride my horse bridleless in a beautiful reining pattern--like
Stacy Westfall!


Oh my...I didn't write that one down. I settled for a few basic things like..."get the horse to go when I want." What I really desire is to have the magic..a way with my horses that lets them read my mind, and the desire in the their heart to please me.

I didn't write any of that on the list either. I'm sure JR knows that I want to be just like him someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment