Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Oklahoma!

We made a quick weekend trip to my home state, Oklahoma. I've always thought the west has beautiful scenery, I guess I like the wide open spaces. We are driving along I-40 in Oklahoma, and the scenery looks pretty much like this . . .



Danny wakes me up from my nap to ask me "Do you think you can find out where there is a Starbucks around here?"
I look out the windows and can't see anything but brown grass for miles and miles—it is flat here, so you can literally see for miles and miles. My answer: "Umm, NO!"

Knowing that my husband is a coffee snob, I had the forethought to tell him to bring some of his favorite Starbucks coffee with him. Which he did, but I think he was panicking, afraid that he might run out. One of those weak moments when you realize you are suddenly in the middle of nowhere and every town you come upon only has one exit.

No Starbucks. No Target. But you'll be able to find a gas station, a mobile trailer sales lot, and probably a Walmart.

This was one of the few times I've been in Oklahoma when the wind isn't about to blow me down. We had a great time shooting pistols and rifles.

Our Target. I did the head shots.




















































Jack and Barbara scope out the target. Babsie shows off her shooting skills.





















Uncle Tommy has some really nice rifles. He was nice enough to let me try out his 308 caliber sniper rifle. I still have a bruise from the kick. He said it wouldn't kick, but when I fired, it moved me back several inches!
















Another highlight of the trip was driving around on the fancy new tractor. The picture doesn't really show you how large it is. I am good at backing up.






















































Visiting with Mimi was a treasure. She turned 85 last month.























Until next time,

Bertie Bird







No comments:

Post a Comment